Noticeboard is seeking a Android developer to join the team. You will work closely with the leadership team in Engineering and Product in your role.
- Building native android application in Java.
- Writing smooth UI using recycler view, background threads.
- Consuming data from APIs using Retrofit, OkHttp3, Gson.
- Writing offline datastores using greendao.
- Debugging, including identifying memory leaks, performance bottlenecks, and using tools like adb, proguard, etc.
- Have full ownership of the android application and change various elements/technologies as per business needs. Stack mentioned above is the starting point.
- Have worked on two or more Android apps in the past. Apps published to Play Store are a plus.
- Be familiar with Java, Kotlin, Android SDK, and the ecosystem.
- Be familiar with Material Design guidelines, common mobile UX patterns, and anti-patterns.
- Have understanding of advanced Android concepts like Custom Views, Accessibility Services, background processing APIs.
- Have experience with common Android libraries like Retrofit, OkHttp, Picasso, RxJava, Gson, Arch-components etc.
- Have understanding of different architectural patterns (esp. MVVM) and their testability.
Desired Extra Skills
- Able to tell good design from bad design.
- Able to write clean, maintainable code which others can work on.
- Always keen to decrease tech debt, participate in code review sessions and suggest best practices.
- Have experience with different programming paradigms, esp. functional and reactive programming.
- Familiar with git and continuous integration.
- Good at object-oriented programming and multi-threading.