Information that We Collect:
We and our service providers collect a variety of information through the Services, including:
- Registration information. During the registration process for creating a user account, we request your name and email address or phone number. You may also be asked to choose a username and a password or to provide additional information as part of the registration process.
- Information provided by your employer or other organization. We receive information from our customers, such as employers and other organizations, who invite their employees or members to use the Services. This may include your name, phone number, email address, date of birth, employee number, department, designation or job title within your company, general location, and other information associated with your employee profile.
- User content, social activities, messages, and survey information. We collect information when you use and interact with the Services, such as when you post or “like” content, submit comments, send messages, fill out forms, or take polls and surveys through the Services.
- Other information associated with your account. We collect information that is associated with your user account, such as files, documents, to-do lists, emails, and other data that you or your employer or organization provide to us.
- Device information. We may request access to information stored on your device, such as contacts in your phone or address book and files or photographs that you upload to the Services. This information may include third-party names, email addresses, phone numbers, and physical addresses and will be used to provide the Services and certain features of the Services to you.
- Precise location. We may collect information about your mobile device’s precise location to provide certain features to you, such as to “check in” to a specific, geofenced location. You can control whether our Services may access your device’s location by adjusting the location settings on your mobile device.
- Usage details. We collect certain information about how you use the Services, such as time, frequency, duration, and pattern of use, features used, information regarding active and inactive users, pending invites, tasks assigned, responses received, and the amount of storage used.
- Information collected automatically. When you use our Services, we or our third-party service providers may automatically receive and record certain information. For example, we collect Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, referring URL, files accessed, errors generated, time zone, platform (such as iOS or Android), device make and model, operating system type and version, and other visitor details (such as usage details described above). We link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you. To obtain such information, we or our partners, affiliates, or service providers may use the following technologies to recognize your device and collect information about your Services usage:
- Server logs. When you use the Services, we automatically receive and record certain information from your computer (or other device) and your browser. To obtain such information, we may use server logs or applications that recognize your device and gather information about its online activity.
- Web beacons, tags, pixels, scripts, and similar technologies. The Services or the emails that you receive from us may use an application known as a “web beacon” (also known as a “tag” or “pixel”), scripts, and similar technologies. Web beacons are small strings of code that provide a method for delivering a graphic image on a web page or in an email message for the purpose of transferring data. For example, it may allow an email sender to determine whether a user has opened a particular email.
- Local Storage Objects. We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs), such as HTML5, to store content information, preferences, and to keep you signed-in. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site may also use LSOs such as HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs.
- Device IDs. We may use device identifiers (such as tokens that identify your specific device or installation of the Noticeboard app and mobile advertising IDs like Apple’s IDFA or Google’s Advertising ID) to send push notifications and to collect information for analytics purposes, including as described in the section below titled “Third-Party Analytics.”
How We Use Information that We Collect
We and our service providers use the information that we collect for a variety of purposes, including:
- Registering users. To send emails or text messages inviting you to download our mobile app, register for our Services, create your account, and authenticate your information. For example, your employer may provide us with your email address or phone number and use our platform to send a message inviting you to use the Services.
- Providing the Services. To provide our Services to you, fulfill the terms of any agreement you have with us, respond to your requests, and for other purposes related to managing our business.
- Enabling social and community features. To allow you to post and “like” content, submit comments, send messages, fill out forms, answer polls and surveys, and provide other social and community features of the Services.
- Communicating with you. To communicate with you regarding your account, send notifications from groups or administrators, and provide you with important updates regarding our Services.
- Sending newsletters or other promotional messages. To send you newsletters or other promotional messages regarding our Services, new services, releases, and upcoming events.
- Conducting analytics and improving our Services. To count and recognize visitors to the Services, analyze how visitors use the Services, personalize your experience, improve the Services, create new products and services, and conduct analytics, including as described in the section below titled “Third-Party Analytics.”
- Compiling aggregated and de-identified information. To compile aggregated and de-identified statistics or reports that we may share with our affiliates, business partners, or other third parties.
- Legal purposes. For legal or other necessary purposes, including as described below in the section below titled “How We Share Information.”
How We Share Information
We share information with third parties for a variety of reasons, including as follows:
- Your employer or organization. We allow your employer or other organization to access certain information about your account. For example, we may provide them with information about whether your account is active, your pending invitations, tasks assigned to you, responses that you send, and other information about your use of the Services.
- Other users of the Services. We allow you to share information directly with other users of the Services. For example, if you send messages, post questions or comments, respond to surveys or requests to rate the mobile apps, or use other features of the Services, then such information may be seen by other users of the Services. Please ensure when using these features that you do not submit any information that you do not want to be shared with other users or the public.
- Business transfers. We may share your information with third parties to facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, merger, acquisition, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets. If 930 Technologies is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its business or assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your information.
- Legal purposes. We may use or share your information with third parties when we believe, in our sole reasonable discretion, that doing so is necessary:
- To comply with applicable law or a court order, subpoena, or other legal process;
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or prohibited activities, suspected fraud, violations of our rules or terms and conditions, or situations involving threats to other users, our property, or the property or physical safety of any person or third party; and
- To establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- Aggregated and de-identified information. We may share aggregated and de-identified information regarding visitors and users with our affiliates, business partners, or other third parties.
We partner with certain third parties to collect information to engage in analytics, auditing, research, and reporting, including to analyze trends, administer the Services, track users’ movements on the Services, and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. These third parties may use server logs, web beacons, tags, pixels, scripts, device IDs, and similar technologies, and they may set and access cookies on your computer or other device to track your online activities over time and across unaffiliated websites and services.
Please note that our Services do not respond to browser Do Not Track signals at this time.
Your Rights and Choices
We provide you with choices to review, access, and update your information or to exercise your data protection rights, as follows:
- From time to time, we may send emails to you regarding new services, releases, and upcoming events. You may opt out of receiving newsletters and other promotional messages from 930 Technologies by selecting the ‘unsubscribe’ function present in every email we send. However, you will continue to receive transactional emails.
- You may correct, update, or remove information associated with your account by accessing your user account and changing the relevant information.
- You may have additional rights under applicable laws to request access to, correction of, deletion of, or restrictions on the processing of certain information. You also may have rights under applicable laws to opt out of or withdraw consent to further processing, request copies of your data, or lodge a complaint with a data protection authority in your jurisdiction. To make such request and/or inquire about such rights, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Attn: Privacy/Legal” in the subject line. For your protection, we may only implement requests related to information that we have associated with the email address you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request.
Information Security and Retention
We adopt reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your information. However, no security program is 100% secure, and thus we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information.
Links from Our Services
The Services are not intended for nor directed to individuals that are deemed to be children under applicable data protection or privacy laws. We request that such individuals do not provide information to us through any of the Services.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive information (e.g., social security numbers, financial account information, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic or biometric data, health data, or sexual orientation) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.